Hello again students and parents! Throughout this past week the students have begun learning all about symmetry. Today in class we had a chance to work with some paint. The students found that when we put blotches of paint all over one side of a piece of paper and then fold it, as we open it back up we see that the same blotches of paint are duplicated on the opposite side of the paper, making a symmetrical picture. What a fun time we had learning all about symmetry.
As you know in our classroom we follow the NYS Learning Standards for mathematics, by clicking on Standard MST3: Mathematics you will go directly to the standards page of what we have been learning this week with symmetry.
I would love if the students had a chance to continue learning about lines of symmetry at home, so I have added a website that I think the students as well as the rest of the family will have a great time with. Be proud of yourselves, you are all doing a great job! Click Here for Symmetry Website
As you know in our classroom we follow the NYS Learning Standards for mathematics, by clicking on Standard MST3: Mathematics you will go directly to the standards page of what we have been learning this week with symmetry.
I would love if the students had a chance to continue learning about lines of symmetry at home, so I have added a website that I think the students as well as the rest of the family will have a great time with. Be proud of yourselves, you are all doing a great job! Click Here for Symmetry Website
Warmly,
Miss. Vallone
No comments:
Post a Comment